View the report with your browser by clicking on the date of the report you want. The format is a pdf file.
· October 2018 The government’s downplaying of building problems.
· September 2018 Xi Jinping’s strength and leadership being put to the test.
· August 2018 Transparency problems likely to increase.
· July 2018 Assessing the risks of the trade war with the US.
· June 2018 Factors shaping Beijing’s ability to implement its policies.
· May 2018 Major challenges facing the government.
· April 2018 Focus shifts from domestic politics to external risks, especially the threat of a trade war.
· March 2018 New major political reforms likely to have big teething problems .
· February 2018 Problems could re-emerge after the Olympics.
· January 2018 Waiting for the National People’s Congress to answer some questions.
· December 2017 New risks arising from policy changes by other governments.
· November 2017 What to look for now that the Party Congress is over.
Return to PERC's Home Page